https://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Sweet-Potato-and-Pepperdew-Soup.jpg 290 850 Alex Royal https://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alex_Logo1.png Alex Royal2013-09-15 11:12:532018-09-28 14:32:34Sweet Potato and Piquanté Peppers Soup
- ½ onion- finely chopped
- 2 handfuls Piquanté Peppers- roughly chopped
- 1 tsp canola oil for frying
- 600g sweet potatoes- peeled and sliced
- 750 ml chicken stock
- milk for diluting
- seasoning to taste
- Gently fry the onion and peppers until soft. Add in the sweet potatoes and pour in the stock.
- Simmer until the potatoes are soft. Blitz in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Heat through, the soup will be quite thick, you can add water if you want, or you can add milk until you get the consistency you like.
- Season to your taste, remembering that there is quite a bit of salt already if you used stock cubes.
- Serve with croutons, chopped peppers and garlic chives.
Recipe from Food24