- 1 large of sweet potato, diced
- 1 tin of chickpeas, cooked, drained and rinsed
- 2 large tomatoes, quartered, seeds removed and diced small
- 2 red onion, diced
- 2 cm of ginger, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of cloves, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp of masala
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Handful of coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180 C.
- Cover the sweet potato with the masala and oil, combine well then add to a heated tray and cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes (or until cooked), turning once.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (except coriander) in a large bowl, add the sweet potato hot or allow to cool. Mix well.
- Add the coriander just before serving.
- Enjoy on its own, with a side of greens or alternatively with grilled fish or chicken.
1 cup salad = 2 starch + 1 fat + 1 veg