- 1 cup uncooked brown rice or quinoa
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 tbsp jalapeno, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cups cabbage (purple and white)
- 2 large carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1-2 tsp agave nectar
- Begin by making the rice/quinoa according to package’s directions.
- To make the Avocado Corn Salsa: Combine avocado, corn, jalapenos, cherry tomatoes, red onion, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 cup minced coriander and the juice from 1 lime in a medium size bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the Mexican Coleslaw: Shred the cabbage, carrots, and bell pepper. Transfer to a medium bowl and add 1/4 cup minced coriander, juice from 1 lime and the agave nectar. Mix together to combine, then refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the Black Beans: Coat the beans in a 1/2 tsp cumin and place in a pot over medium heat. Cook until heated all the way through, stirring as necessary. Season to taste.
Assemble the bowls by placing the brown rice/quinoa on the bottom. Top with avocado corn salsa, coleslaw and beans.