Sprinkled on top of yoghurt or enjoyed on its own, this peanut butter granola is made with pantry staples, making it an easy recipe to whip up without making a special trip to the grocery store. Also high in protein for a great post-exercise brekkie or snack.
Makes four ¼ c servings
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter (choose the no salt or sugar added)
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. oats
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until peanut butter melts (approximately 20 seconds). Stir.
- Stir cinnamon and vanilla into peanut butter and honey mixture.
- Add oats and stir until oats are completely covered in peanut butter mixture. Spread out oat mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 7 -8 minutes until granola is slightly browned. Let cool until granola is crunchy.
This recipe is from Shape.com and recommended by my exercise buddy Diane