- 3 beetroots (peeled, boiled and chopped)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tin chickpeas
- touch of olive oil if necessary
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice form half a lemon
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa + 1 cup water
1.Blend all the ingredients besides the quinoa
2. Bring the quinoa to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes or until there is no more water left.
3. Add a pinch of salt for a bit more flavour. You can also add cumin, coriander and a tiny dash of cayenne pepper if you want a bit more spice.
4. Top the quinoa with the pesto and serve with a sprig of coriander, crunchy salad and a grilled cauliflower