https://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Quinoa-dish-e1457952083278.png 500 689 Kirby Hendricks https://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alex_Logo1.png Kirby Hendricks2016-03-14 12:42:102016-03-14 12:42:10Quinoa with roasted pumpkin, zucchini and basil pesto
- 600 g pumpkin cut into large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 6 baby zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 lemon
- Small bunch parsley chopped
- 1 – 2 tablespoons pesto depending on your taste
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Combine pumpkin and red onion with a little olive oil.
- Season with ground pepper and a little cinnamon.
- Roast for 30 – 40 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Sauté the zucchini lightly in a pan over the stove. You don’t really want to roast this as they only take 2 – 3 minutes to quickly cook in a pan. Season lightly and set aside.
- Remove vegetables from the oven.
- Add the quinoa, zucchini, parsley and pesto. Taste and add adjust accordingly.
Serve as is or garnish with garden herbs, and feta.