https://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Pea-asparagus-buffalo-mozzarella-and-hazelnut-salad.jpg 290 850 Alex Royal https://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alex_Logo1.png Alex Royal2013-09-15 11:37:282014-12-29 10:56:09Pea, asparagus, buffalo mozzarella and hazelnut salad
- 300g asparagus tips, halved
- 150g fresh shelled peas
- 75ml olive oil
- 50g blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 slices bread torn into pieces
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 290g buffalo mozzarella, drained
- 75g pea shoots
- 150g radishes, trimmed and quartered
- salt to taste
- Bring a shallow pan of lightly salted water to simmering point, cook the asparagus for 3 – 4 minutes or until just tender
- Add the peas for a final minute
- Drain and run under cold water
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil and add the nuts. Toast them over medium heat (about 4 – 5 minutes)
- Add the bread and cook until golden. Take off the heat and sprinkle in a bit of salt.
- Mix the rest of the oil with the chilli, vinegar and herbs.
- Tear the mozzarella into bite sized pieces.
- Toss together the asparagus, peas, pea shoots, radishes, nuts, bread and mozzarella.
- Add the dressing, toss and serve
Thanks Jenna for sending this in X