- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 30g low fat feta cheese
- 2 small beetroots
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of shredded lettuce
- 2 carrots grated
- 1/4 cucumber sliced into ribbons
- 1 handful mung beans
- For the caramalised onion: 1 red onion, balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp chutney, pinch of salt
- Boil the lentils until cooked
- Wash the beetroot and chop into quarters. Drizzle with olive oil and grill for about 20 minutes, stirring half way through.
- For the caramalised onion: chop the onion and simmer in a small amount of water over low heat. drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the onions once cooked. After about 10-15 minutes add the chutney and cook for about 5 minutes. Add water and stir occasionally to prevent the onions sticking and burning.
- Chop the lettuce and other veggies and put into a salad bowl.