Here are 10 things to always keep in your pantry, these things are always in mine!
- Healthy grains including brown rice, quinoa, and lentils
- Healthy proteins: Turkey, chicken, salmon, sardines and eggs
- Healthy Fats: Avocado, olives, coconut, oils (grape seed, olive, coconut, canola), seeds (chia, hemp, flax, pumpkin or sunflower seed)
- Healthy snacks: Nuts, seeds or nut butters, lean biltong, boiled eggs and sardines
- Fresh fruits including pomegranates, apples, pears, berries (raspberries, blueberries and blackberries!), passion fruit and avocado
- Fresh veggies: My favourites include rainbow chard, asparagus, kale, arugula, beets, and cabbage
- Fresh herbs like chives, parsley, coriander, rosemary and basil
- Freezer must-haves including: Flash frozen nutrient dense veggies, frozen berries, and extra protein like fish and chicken
- Pantry staples such as canned beans (chickpeas, kidney, and black), gluten-free minimally processed crackers, lean biltong
- Tasty condiments, spices and sauces to add flavour and health to your best dishes: turmeric, sea salt, cayenne, curry powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, dried herbs, miso, kimchi, tamari
*Note: Try and keep it seasonal and buy what is available to you throughout the year.