An easy, healthy side dish that you’ll want to make with every single meal!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 punnet mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, chilli and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in quinoa until well combined.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan, if desired.