Fry’s Vegetarian products are a great alternative to meat. They are soya based products that are quick and easy to cook and you’ll be happy to know they are non-GM.
- Pasta of your choice (penne, fettuccine, linguine)
- 1 box Fry’s Chunky Strips
- 1 large onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 6 Fresh tomatoes (skinned and chopped)
- 115g Tomato paste (small tin)
- 400g Whole peeled tomatoes (large tin)
- Sugar to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 80ml Red Wine
- 1/4 Fresh basil (chopped)
- Basil pesto and Parmesan Cheese shavings to garnish
- 50g Pinenuts (toasted)
- Sauté the onions and garlic in a little oil until softened.
- Add the tomato paste, whole peeled tomatoes and fresh tomatoes.
- Season to taste. Cook until combined, check seasoning and tartness. Add sugar to taste and red wine.
- Add fresh chopped basil.
- Fry the Chunky Strips in a little oil for 6 to 8 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Add Chunky strips to sauce.
Place pasta in serving bowl and top with sauce. Garnish with toasted pinenuts. Serve with small bowl of basil pesto and Parmesan shavings