Everyone has those days where everything that you want to go right goes so left (!) that you look up and go ” really…You wanna hit me with this too?”
Trust me we’ve all been there…And these are the times when you really need to hold onto the happy good things in life:
- Believe that no matter how hard things seem you will emerge much stronger than you have ever been.
- Hold onto your friends and family. They will touch your heart, if you give them a chance! Mine have been there for me like I never expected…from a hug to a cup of tea to a huge night out to a quick message… friends and family will bring the light back!
- Enjoy every little, beautiful thing in life…there are so many, you just have to wake up to them. The sunshine, the sunset, a beautiful day, a mountain, a swim in the sea, a hug….(I can go on for ages)
- Go for a surf…nothing in the world is better
- Listen to your favourite song (on repeat of course) and sing along, no matter who’s listening! But even better, find a friend just as crazy as you to sing too 😉
- Dance madly
- Be creative and let your heart’s light shine so that it blinds people with your brilliance…we all have it in us!
- Live a brave life…big risks and even greater rewards (sometimes…the jury’s still out on this one….but it’s worth mentioning 😉 )
- Cook a new meal
- Try a new wine
- Meet a new person a day
- Fill your house with gorgeous flowers…”life’s too short to wait for boys to buy them for you” 😉 (stole that one from another girl buying flowers at the market, who “claimed” that she never buys for herself and had to justify her purchase…while I stood behind her with my arms full of 3 bunches hahahahaha)
- Travel the WORLD with your bikini and surfboard
- The sun will rise…be it along the path you chose, the path you had decided on and planned or a different path…unknown and scary. But surely if your heart shines then any path, as dark and scary as it may be, will be lighter due to your radiance!