Ingredients (serves 1)
½ ripe banana, thinly sliced
½ cup rolled oats
1 tbsp bulgur wheat
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp organic cacao powder
1 cup boiling water
2 tbsp chocolate flavoured whey protein powder (optional)
¼ cup milk of your choice
1 tbsp cacao nibs
Fresh coconut shavings
The previous night
- Bring water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a plastic container with a fitting lid, mix all ingredients except for protein powder and milk.
- Add boiling water, stir until well combined. Put the lid on and refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours)
In the morning
- Stir in protein powder.
- Transfer to serving bowl and add milk.
- Garnish with a few cacao nibs, slices of banana or coconut shavings, if desired.
- Sit back and prepare to visit heaven!
exchanges: 1/2 fruit , 1.5 starch, 2 fats, 1/2 milk