Cheese and chive mancakes (serves 4)
- 2 cups flour (can be substituted with almond/oat flour)
- 2 scoops protein powder (vanilla/unflavoured)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then add eggs, coconut oil, and milk and blend well.
- Spoon batter into a hot non-stick pan.
- Once pancakes bubble, flip over and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with a sprinkling of grated mozzarella, a poached egg, delicious salmon or some tomato salsa if your dad prefers some heat.