https://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/carrot-and-bean-burger.jpg 290 850 Alex Royal https://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alex_Logo1.png Alex Royal2013-09-15 16:10:222014-12-24 13:37:56Carrot and cumin bean burger
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Spices (cumin, salt and pepper, curry powder or garam masala)
- Garlic 1-2 cloves diced
- 4-6 giant mushrooms
- Olive oil and garlic
- Process carrot and add oats and beans. Pulse a few times.
- Add the remaining ingredients and spices.
- Process until well mixed but slightly coarse.
- Chill for 45-60 minutes. Make 4-6 patties.
- Grill until golden brown and turn to cook both sides.
- Grill giant mushrooms with olive oil and garlic.
- Serve the burger on the mushroom topped with pestoy