https://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/butternut-and-apple-pudding.jpg 290 850 Alex Royal https://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alex_Logo1.png Alex Royal2013-09-26 07:34:162014-12-24 12:55:04Butternut and Apple Heaven
- butternut (+- 300g) peeled and chopped
- 5 apples
- 50 – 100 g walnuts or almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch salt
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- Granola (see my recipe) – optional
- Organic peanut butter – optional
- Preheat oven at 170 degrees C
- Chop 3 of the apples (you don’t have to peel them)
- Add the butternut, apples,cumin, cinnamon, salt and honey to a greased baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Chop the nuts and place in a food processor with the baked ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Slice the last two apples and top with the butternut mixture. Top with peanut butter and granola. I also topped some toasted banana bread with this and died and went to heaven 😉
This recipe is adapted from http://bountifulbeetsandbeats.wordpress.com/ which is an amazing site full of healthy recipes and so well written by a talented chief and food scientist.