Whether you roast/boil it whole, blend into a classic soup or drink as juice, beetroot is low in fat, full of vitamins and minerals and packed with powerful antioxidants.
- 400g cooked beets, quartered
- 400g cooked chickpeas
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 100 gram (large handful) spinach leaves, washed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- 90g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- pinch of black pepper
- Place beets, chickpeas onion and spinach leaves in a large bowl.
- In a small screw-top jar, add olive oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic and shake to combine to make dressing.
- Drizzle dressing over salad vegetables and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with feta and walnuts and, season with black pepper and serve immediately.