Serves 6 – 8
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 80g melted margarine
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ soya / rice milk
- 2 sliced
- Preheat waffle maker
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar. Make a well in the centre
- Whisk together the margarine, eggs and soya milk. Gradually pour into the well and whisk until just combined; the batter should still be lumpy.
- Spoon 1-2 tbsp of the batter into the waffle maker and place a few slices of banana in the centre of the waffle. Cook until golden brown.
- Keep warm while you cook the remaining batter. Serve with syrup.