- 1 medium sized aubergine
- 1 medium sized butternut
- Olive oil
- Garlic, salt and cinnamon
- 4 baby marrows
- 2 carrots
- Mixed herbs, garlic, chilli
- 1tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tin tomato and onion mix
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Basil pesto
- Fresh basil
- Slice the aubergine and butternut into rounds
- Salt aubergine and leave aside for 15 minutes
- In the meantime bake the butternut in olive oil, garlic and cinnamon at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes
- Rinse the aubergine and sprinkle with olive oil and add to the baking tray with the butternut
- Bake for a further 25 minutes or so until tender
- Thinly slice the carrots and baby marrow and fry in some water, garlic and mixed herbs for about 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato and onion mix, tomato paste and chickpeas. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dollop a spoonful of chickpea mixture onto a butternut round, followed by an aubergine round and another dollop of chickpea mixture.
- Top with another butternut or aubergine to make a little sandwich.
- Finish off with a spoonful of basil pesto, feta and some fresh basil.
- Bake for 10 minutes and grill for 5 minutes.