Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (2 cups)
- 230g skinless chicken breast, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/2 cup almond milk (make sure it’s unsweetened!) – Optional
- 1 cup spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Combine the stock, onion, garlic, and sweet potato in a stockpot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the chicken, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk and 1/2 cup of the soup mix. Add the spinach leaves and ginger to the soup and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the almond mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, and squeeze with lime wedge.
2 cups = veg 1, protein 1, starch 0.5, fat 2