You can either make these as pancakes or crumpets. Both are really yummy, it just depends on what you feel like! If you opt for the crumpets then add the baking powder and baking soda, because it’ll make them rise. Leave them out for the pancakes.
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (for the crumpets)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (for the crumpets)
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Mix in the milk
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites
- Cook on a hot non-stick frying pan or one sprayed with olive-oil spray
- Serve with cinnamon, lemon juice, mixed berries, strawberries and banana or whatever you fancy!