http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Spinach-pea-aroasted-aubergine.jpg 290 850 Alex Royal http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alex_Logo1.png Alex Royal2013-09-15 12:44:062014-12-29 09:52:30Spinach, pea and broccoli pesto on roasted aubergine
- Half a bunch of spinach
- Half a head of broccoli
- 1 cup of peas.
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- half aubergine
- Rinse, trim and steam the spinach and broccoli and boil the peas.
- Pop these into a blender with Parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Blend until you get your desired texture and add lemon juice, salt and pepper as desired.
- Slice up the aubergine into rounds
- Sprinkle over a bit of salt and leave for about ten minutes. Te salt gets rid of the bitter taste.
- Rinse under water, dab dry with Carlton roll
- Put into a roasting dish and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Roast at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes until cooked through.
Top the pesto over the aubergine and viola you have a delish healthy carb free dinner.