http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Quinoa-Salad-Recipe-with-Lime-Fresh-Mint.jpg 290 850 Alex Royal http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alex_Logo1.png Alex Royal2013-09-15 10:03:062014-12-29 15:27:43Quinoa Salad Recipe with Lime + Fresh Mint
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2-3 fresh mint sprigs, leaves removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves or parsley
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- A handful of sweet and ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- First, rinse your quinoa in a sieve (it’s tiny so the usual colander might not do).
- Cook the quinoa as you would raw rice: in 2 and 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups fresh salted water, covered, until all of the water is absorbed. I use my rice cooker to do this. The quinoa turns out fluffy, tender and perfect.
- Scoop the cooked quinoa into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, tossing lightly with a fork until combined.
- Taste test and adjust seasonings.
- Cover and chill- the longer, the better.
Makes 4-6 servings. (ref: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2008/08/lime-quinoa-salad-with-mint.html)