When it comes to losing weight and then keeping it off long term, it all comes down to portion sizes. It sounds so simple: don’t eat or drink too much, but it’s so easy to drink more than you planned to, without a doubt, most people struggle with this concept but today I will give you some tips to make life a little bit easier 🙂
Tips to control your portions:
- Buy yourself a set of measuring cups and have them handy.
- Always measure breakfast cereal and rice/pasta servings using a measuring cup.
- Keep kitchen scales handy to check portions and serving sizes.
- Avoid eating in front of the TV, it is easy to overeat when you distracted.
- Use grated cheese or invest in a cheese slice to control portions.
- Only carry portion controlled snacks of nuts and crackers.
- Cook at home more frequently!
- Ask for half or smaller portions.
- Eyeball your appropriate portion, set the rest aside, and ask for a doggie bag right away.
At the grocery store
- Beware of mini-sized snacks – small crackers, cookies, and pretzels. Most people end up eating more than they realize, and the calories add up.
- Choose foods packaged in individual serving sizes.
And if you still find this difficult to put into action…