http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/fruitbar2.jpg 768 1024 Kirby Hendricks http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alex_Logo1.png Kirby Hendricks2015-09-20 16:00:392015-09-20 16:00:39Oat and Fruit Bars
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, ground
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 bananas, mashed
- nonstick cooking spray
- Stevia (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a food processor, add the coconut, banana, flaxseed, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda and tahini. If using stevia, add it now. Process until smooth.
- Add chopped dates a little at a time until smooth.
- Remove mixture from processor and place in a bowl.
- To the bowl add chopped apricots, cherries, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (save 1/4 cup seeds for top), and oats and mix well.
- Line a 9 x 13 casserole dish with parchment paper. Spray the paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter onto the parchment paper and spread out touching edges of dish all around as best you can.
- Sprinkle the top with 1/4 of reserved sunflower seeds.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out fairly clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into bars.