- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown lentils
- 2 tomatoes
- 600g butternut cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chutney
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Toss the butternut in a bit of olive oil and roast for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- Boil the lentils until tender (about 20 minutes). Drain off the water.
- Fry the onions in a bit of olive oil. Add the garlic and spices and cook for a few minutes until the onions have browned.
- Add the butternut and lentils and stir.
- Serve with cousous and top with coriander….DELISH and so quick and easy!
Health wise This meal is super healthy! It’s very low in fat and only contains healthy mono-unsaturated fat that has been proven to actually reduce heart disease. The soluble fibre in the lentils are packed with B-vitamins (which help your body utilise energy efficiently preventing energy slumps) and actually REDUCE cholesterol production in the body! The butternut provides loads of Beta-carotene, a phyto-chemical that acts as an anti-oxidant and a precursor of Vitamin A (needed for healthy eyes and skin). ENJOY!!!