http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Mince-and-Lentil-Bobotie.jpg 290 850 Alex Royal http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alex_Logo1.png Alex Royal2013-09-15 10:57:582015-01-21 09:03:40Mince and Lentil Bobotie
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 500grams lean mince meat
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup milk
- 2 slices brown bread
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon hot chutney
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 bay leaf
- handful slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onions in the hot oil until soft. Add the mince and cook until brown.
- Pour the milk in a shallow dish and soak the bread. Squeeze the excess milk from the bread and set the milk aside. Add the bread to the mince mixture.
- Add the lentils
- Stir in the raisins, apricot jam, chutney, curry powder, salt, and black pepper. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- While the bobotie bakes, whisk together the left over milk, egg, and a pinch of salt. Pour over top of the dish. Lay the bay leaf onto the top of the milk mixture and sprinkle the almonds.
- Return the bobotie to the oven until the top is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve with rice, chutney and sliced banana.
ENJOY!!!!! and keep warm!