If you have been diagnosed with Diabetes or you are pre-diabetic and you need to make radical changes in your current diet – this low carb breakfast wrap is a filling, veggie-loaded option that promises to hit the spot without spiking your glucose levels.
Low Carb Breakfast Wrap (Serves 1)
- 3 large eggs, free-range
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rocket leaves/watercress
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/4 red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons spring onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, almond milk and spices. Beat until well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a small to medium non-stick pan over medium heat for a 5 to 10 seconds.
- Evenly pour in the egg mixture. Cook covered over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until you can easily flip the omelette using a spatula. Flip halfway and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes on the other side.
- When ready, remove from heat and let cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Arrange rocket/watercress leaves on the cooled omelette. Sprinkle the feta cheese on top, then arrange the carrots, red pepper, and zucchini along the middle and sides.
- Roll the omelette, and then cut in half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Smoked salmon/trout
- Curried butter beans
- Hummus and avocado