Easter is around the corner and what better way to get into the ‘festive’ spirit than trying this hot cross bun inspired puffed millet granola. All the goodness of that hot cross bun flavour but this granola will leave you feeling satisfied, and your tummy at ease.
Millet is high in B-vitamins, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc and magnesium. This grain also contains 9g of fibre per 100g. Millet is an excellent source of protein for vegetarians and vegans, it promotes digestion and helps stabilise blood glucose levels.
Making this granola is easy and quick, and will guaranteed be enjoyed by the whole family.
- 4 cups puffed millet
- 1 cup raw coconut shavings
- 1 cup whole almonds
- ½ cup raisins/sultanas
- 2 tablespoon mixed rind (lemon/orange)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160º C.
- Line a large baking tray with wax paper.
- Place all the dry ingredients, including the salt and spices, in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle over the honey and coconut oil.
- Using your hands, work through gently to coat the puffed millet.
- Spread the mixture out onto the lined tray and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Turn the granola over several times during the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Allow the granola to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Serve with yoghurt or milk of your choice.