http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-Curry-The-Lemon-Bowl.jpg 600 600 Alex Royal http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alex_Logo1.png Alex Royal2016-04-06 14:44:422016-04-06 14:47:25Curry Coconut Chicken
- 500g free range chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 – 3 large carrots
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3-4 tomatoes, diced
- 60ml tomato paste (sugar free)
- Brown rice or buckwheat
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and curry powder in a large pan on medium to high heat.
- Toss in the chopped onions, carrots and garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
- Add chicken. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Pour coconut milk, peas, tomatoes, tomato paste into the pan, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with rice or buckwheat (cook according to the packet instructions) and top with coriander.
1/2 cup rice or buckwheat = 1 starch
1.5 cup curry = 2 veg + 2 protein + 2 fats