http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/cc-balls4.jpg 3000 4000 Kirby Hendricks http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alex_Logo1.png Kirby Hendricks2016-08-16 18:12:292016-08-16 18:12:29Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls
Ingredients (serves 16)
- ½ cup pecans (or other nut)
- 15 medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup shredded unsweetened coconut (plus ¼ cup for rolling)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1½ tbsp cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp water
- Put pecans in food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients, turn food processor on until well mixed.
- Using a tablespoon measure, spoon out mixture and roll in balls.
- Coat each ball in the remaining ¼ cup shredded coconut.
- Place on a parchment covered baking sheet and refrigerate for at least thirty minutes, until they harden.
- Store in the fridge in a container or plastic bag for up to two weeks.
- Pour yourself a mug of tea, eat an energy ball, and enjoy an afternoon pick-me-up!