http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Carrot-and-Walnut-muffins.jpg 290 850 Alex Royal http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alex_Logo1.png Alex Royal2013-09-15 11:49:502014-12-29 10:36:30Carrot and Walnut muffins
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free plain pre-mix
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 cups grated carrot
- ½ cup chopped baking walnuts
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup soya yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 190 Degrees Celsius. Lightly grease 2 x 6 cup capacity non-stick muffin trays
- Put the flour, baking powder, bicarb, mixed spice, brown sugar, carrot and walnuts into a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Combine the eggs, olive oil and yoghurt. Gently fold into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Divide the mixture among the muffin holes. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre. Turn out on a wire rack to cool.