http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/berry-pancakes.jpg 290 850 Alex Royal http://alexroyaldiet.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Alex_Logo1.png Alex Royal2013-09-15 12:02:512014-12-24 14:53:53Berry Pancake
Serves 6 – 8
- Canola spray
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free self raising flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 60g melted butter / margarine
- 300 ml rice milk
- 200g mixed berries
- 2 tbsp syrup
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius
- Lightly spray the base and side of a 22cm non-stick oven proof frying pan with canola spray
- Sift the flour and xanthan gum into a bowl and stir in the sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together the eggs, margarine and milk. Pour into the well and stir until smooth
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat. Add the pancake mixture and for 3 – 5 minutes or until the base is golden.
- Press the berries into the top of the pancake and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until risen and golden
- Drizzle the pancake with the syrup and serve in wedges from the pan, topped with a little bit of soya yoghurt.