There’s no denying that as a woman we have certain roles to fill, duties and responsibilities that are both unique and wonderful but can also be draining both physically and emotionally.
Knowing and accepting that you need an extra boost is what being human is all about. So take from the tips what you need and share with someone near and dear the tips they might need, after all, we are in this together.
Women’s Health Tips from girl-to-girl:
- Good, nutritious food – this is a no-brainer yet it happens to be the first thing that goes out the window. Women need a healthy balanced diet that suits the needs of its holder, whether that is more protein, no dairy, a block of dark chocolate after a bad day or a veggie juice because the greens are otherwise non-existent. Find what works for you and stick with it.
- Soulful company – a loyal pet, a trusty friend or a peaceful yoga group. Find your tribe, this is a must.
- Extra vitamins and minerals – iron, omega 3, a good B-vitamin, vitamin A, C and D, Calcium. Women need a little extra when it comes to these all-important nutrients. Make sure you are getting in enough through a healthy, balanced diet.
- Sleep – a luxury to most but I cannot stress the importance of getting in enough. Aim for 7-8 hours a day and if possible, sneak in that 15 minute shut eye in the afternoon.
- Time to yourself – possibly more of a luxury than sleep? Maybe. Put down the tab, iPhone or laptop. Try 10 minutes of meditation or a 30 minute walk outdoors. Breathe. Relax. Be grateful.