Step 1 – Dough
125g organic butter
2 tbsp sugar
200g gluten free oat flour (blend gluten free oats)
½ tsp baking powder
2 tap water water
1 tsp almond essence
1 tsp vanilla essence
|1. Preheat the oven to 180’C
2. Place the sugar and butter in a bowl and mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients flour and baking powder.
4. Once mixed add the rest of the ingredients, water, almond and vanillas essence
5. Put dough in a small bowl and in the fridge while you continue step 2 & 3.
Step 2 – Apple filling
800g apples (over ripe apples are best)
½ cup lemon juice
|6. Peel your apples and chop into 1-2 cm cubes.
7. Pour fresh lemon juice over apples and set aside while you do your crumble.
Step 3 – Crumb
110g organic butter
170g gluten free oat flour (blend gluten free oats)
|8. Place the sugar and butter in a bowl and mix well.
9. Slowly add the flour, while mixing well
10. Once the flour is incorporated, the crumble is ready and you can assemble your apple crumble.
- Once all steps have been completed, you are ready to assemble your apple crumble. Oil your round cake pan, spread the dough evenly at the bottom of the pan, pour the apple filling onto the dough and breakup your crumble into small pieces over the filling, once done bake in the oven for 40-minutes until the crumble is brown. Enjoy!